Our Pre-Production department prepares Large Format print, plotter and CNC output, to exacting client specifications. The ideal candidate will be able to troubleshoot, design and develop production solutions with attention towards process and materials. Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Color correct files and adjust output according to client specifications, including PMS color matching.
- Work with and develop output solutions, including color profiling, using Onyx, Colorgate and other RIP packages.
- Operate and maintain Drum, Flatbed, and Large Format Scanners.
- Working with Sales and Project Management, contribute heavily to the process of transitioning a project from design to production and fabrication, including creating detailed installation instructions and layouts.
- Organize and maintain basic computer hardware and their operating systems, including Mac OS and Windows.
- Organize and maintain the server file system, daily backup, and digital archive.
- Develop knowledge of ongoing technical advancements in the field of digital graphic design and production.
To qualify for this position you must possess excellent large format prepress production skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat and Quark. The candidate must be proficient with MAC OS X and Windows. This position requires a strong ability to communicate, organizational skills, analytical skills, math skills, strong graphic sensibilities, and attention to precise detail in a fast-paced environment. 2-5 years experience in large format printing is necessary. College degree is desired. Ability to work overtime (45-50 total hours per week) is necessary. Salary is commensurate with experience.